320 Saint James St, Georgetown, SC
Welcome to the only remaining structure of Greenwich plantation in downtown Georgetown. This structure is one that a scholar of South Carolina history would enjoy restoring! This 1773 era home is situated on a large "T shaped" lot in the heart of the historic district. South Carolinas noted residents have had a connection to the property in its vast history. In 1867 Wade Hampton spoke at the plantation where a dinner was served in his honor and prepared in this house. Once, not far from the structure, sat the Indigo vats. During the mid portion of the 20th century, the Greenwich house underwent a renovation and was used for Art and Music lessons, by noted South Carolinian Julian Bolick. The center of the home is anchored by the original cook fireplace from years past. This ballast brick structure on estimate measures 8 foot by 10 foot at the base. It is documented that the original opening would measure 5 foot square. The first floor rooms are covered from walls to ceiling in plank and hardwood floors thru out. This property is one of the largest lots downtown and with approval, may be a buildable lot for new construction with a historic structure.